Executive Director of Soteria CDC
Senior Pastor of Soteria Christian Fellowship
Jerry Blassingame is the Executive Director of Soteria Community Development Corporation and Senior Pastor of Soteria Christian Fellowship. He endeavors to empower individuals and the community through education, affordable housing, financial literacy, community and economic development, and entrepreneurship. His passion is assisting individuals who have been incarcerated through reentry and helping them to become productive citizens.
Jerry attended Columbia International University and studied architectural engineering at Greenville Technical College. He was employed as a senior engineering technician at a geo-technical engineering firm. In 1999, after serving only 3 ½ years on a 20 year prison sentence, Pastor Jerry opened the doors of Soteria World Outreach Ministries(SWOM). As theservicesexpanded, so did Pastor Jerry’s role as Executive Director of SWOM. His duties and leadership role included managing housing, organizing regular community projects concerning economic development, and operating a community food-bank. Later, it became apparent that SWOM was bridging reentry with community development. In 2007, Soteria World Outreach Ministries became Soteria Community Development Corporation.
Soteria CDC has continued to receive recognition for its community service:
- In 2004, received outstanding Prison Aftercare Award from Transition of Prisoners Inc.
- In September 2008, at the Housing and Community Economic Development Conference, Soteria CDC received the South Carolina Association of Community Development Corporations Award for outstanding leadership and service to low-income neighborhoods and communities in Greenville County.
- In January 2009, at the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce annual meeting, received the Max Heller Neighborhood Improvement Award for exemplary efforts towards neighborhood improvement and empowerment.
- 2009-2010 Graduate of the Leadership Greenville class 36
- 2010-2012 Jerry served on the PTA board for AJ Whittenberg Elementary as President Elect and 2012-2013 as President. Also served as President Elect for Southwest Council PTA of Greenville County as.
- In 2013, received an award from Institute of Prison Ministry for prison aftercare.
- In 2014, received a Chuck Colson scholarship to attend Wheaton College correctional ministries program
- 2014-2015 PTSA President of PJ Fisher Middle School.
Pastor Jerry and his wife, Stephanie, have six children and reside in Greer, South Carolina.
Stephanie is the co-founder of Soteria CDC and currently serves as the office manager overseeing the day to day activities. Her diverse career includes time served in the U.S. Army, Court Reporter Transcribing, and her passion as a voluntary victim advocate for the Julie Valentine Center. Her spare time includes date nights with Jerry, family time, cooking, reading, serving, couponing, and running.
Jevertus (JB) has a Bachelor in Accounting from Savannah State University. In his role with Soteria CDC, he provides oversight for all accounting and finance activities. His experience includes consumer credit counseling, grants, contract accounting, sales, and teaching business education. His past positions include Assistant Manager with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, a teacher with Bethesda Day in Savannah, Grants & Contracts Compliance Analyst with Savannah State University and Consumer Credit Counselor with Banner & PeopleSoft Financials. He is currently a financial representative for Northwestern Mutual.
Our Board of Directors
Interested in future opportunities with our Board?
Please complete the following application.