Executive Director of Soteria CDC
Senior Pastor of Soteria Christian Fellowship
Jerry Blassingame is the Executive Director of Soteria Community Development Corporation and Senior Pastor of Soteria Christian Fellowship. He endeavors to empower individuals and the community through education, affordable housing, financial literacy, community and economic development, and entrepreneurship. His passion is assisting individuals who have been incarcerated through reentry and helping them to become productive citizens.
Jerry attended Columbia International University and studied architectural engineering at Greenville Technical College. He was employed as a senior engineering technician at a geo-technical engineering firm. In 1999, after serving only 3 ½ years on a 20 year prison sentence, Pastor Jerry opened the doors of Soteria World Outreach Ministries(SWOM). As these services expanded, so did Pastor Jerry’s role as Executive Director of SWOM. His duties and leadership role included managing housing, organizing regular community projects concerning economic development, and operating a community food-bank. Later, it became apparent that SWOM was bridging reentry with community development. In 2007, Soteria World Outreach Ministries became Soteria Community Development Corporation.
Soteria CDC has continued to receive recognition for its community service:
- In 2004, received outstanding Prison Aftercare Award from Transition of Prisoners Inc.
- In September 2008, at the Housing and Community Economic Development Conference, Soteria CDC received the South Carolina Association of Community Development Corporations Award for outstanding leadership and service to low-income neighborhoods and communities in Greenville County.
- In January 2009, at the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce annual meeting, received the Max Heller Neighborhood Improvement Award for exemplary efforts towards neighborhood improvement and empowerment.
- 2009-2010 Graduate of the Leadership Greenville class 36
- 2010-2012 Jerry served on the PTA board for AJ Whittenberg Elementary as President Elect and 2012-2013 as President. Also served as President Elect for Southwest Council PTA of Greenville County as.
- In 2013, received an award from Institute of Prison Ministry for prison aftercare.
- In 2014, received a Chuck Colson scholarship to attend Wheaton College correctional ministries program
- 2014-2015 PTSA President of PJ Fisher Middle School.
- In 2015, became the Vice President of Correctional Ministries and Chaplain Association International based out of Wheaton College through the Institute for Prison Ministries
- 2016 Fellow of Just Leadership USA
- 2016 Chair of the Greenville Reentry Coalition
Pastor Jerry and his wife, Stephanie of 19 years, have six children and reside in Greer, South Carolina.
Stephanie is the co-founder of Soteria CDC and currently serves as the office manager overseeing the day to day activities. Her diverse career includes time served in the U.S. Army, Court Reporter Transcribing, and her passion as a voluntary victim advocate for the Julie Valentine Center. Her spare time includes date nights with Jerry, family time, cooking, reading, serving, couponing, and running.
Bob Vann is the Program manager of Soteria House .
Bob in his previous role was the Program Director for Fuqua Hall a ministry of the Atlanta Mission. He is the Executive Director and Co-Founder of, “A Strictly Biblical Perspective Ministries,” (ASBPM) Robert has over 20 years of full time experience in ministry serving as a certified addiction counselor, case manager, program manager/director (Prison Fellowship/Detroit Rescue Ministry) and executive director of ASBP Ministries Inc. He has MA from Wayne State University in the field of counseling with specialization in substance abuse. He is the author of the One Step With Jesus Restoration Program which consists of a Biblical Cognitive a Biblical Cognitive Approach to Understanding & Addressing Addiction & Relapse Prevention, with Mentoring and Discipleship components. He has trained over 1500 mentors throughout the United States and facilitates workshops across the nation. Bob is committed to joining the Holy Spirit in the restoration of souls through equipping the Body of Christ.
Bob and his wife, Maria of 26 years, has 8 children and live in Atlanta, Georgia.
Executive Administrative Assistant and Property Manager
Denise Patterson is the Executive Administrative Assistant and Property Manager of Soteria Community Development Corporation.
Denise, a graduate of Eastside High School, continued her education at Greenville Technical College from 2008-2013 where she received her Associate Degrees in Business Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Accounting. In November 2007, she begins volunteering at Soteria CDC as an appointment setter for the Ministry of Resources Benevolence Ministry. In May 2011, she started an Internship for Soteria’s Green Start Recycling before coming onboard as staff in July 2011 as Soteria Program Manager. As the need expanded, so did Denise’s role into Administrative Assistant and Property Manager. In seeing a need of managing the housing of Soteria CDC, she went back to Greenville Tech in August 2012 and received certification in Property Management. Shortly thereafter in January 2014, she became a Notary Public for The State of South Carolina. In her spare time she loves to be “YaYa” to her 3 grandchildren.
Denise has four children and resides in Greenville, South Carolina
Our Board of Directors
Interested in future opportunities with our Board?
Please complete the following application.