Executive Director of Soteria CDC
Senior Pastor of Soteria Christian Fellowship
Jerry Blassingame is the Founder and CEO of Soteria Community Development Corporation. He endeavors to empower individuals and the community through education, affordable housing, financial literacy, community and economic development, and entrepreneurship. His passion is assisting individuals who have been incarcerated through reentry and helping them to become productive citizens.
Jerry attended Columbia International University and studied architectural engineering at Greenville Technical College. Jerry received a 20 year prison sentence in 1995 and only served 3 1/2 years after being paroled in 1999. He is also a Social Entrepreneur who believes in social enterprise for the non-profit sector. Jerry has continued to fight for change in legislation since he was granted a pardon in 2004. After 14 years of advocacy, South Carolina passed its first legislation to expunge felony drug charges in December of 2018.
In 2018, Jerry published his first book, Reclaimed, a memoir that details his story from tragedy to triumph.
Jerry lives in Greenville South Carolina with his wife, Stephanie of 20 years and 3 of their 6 kids. He is an active part of the community and an advocate for economic and social justice.
Soteria CDC has continued to receive recognition for its community service:
- In 2004, received outstanding Prison Aftercare Award from Transition of Prisoners Inc.
- In September 2008, at the Housing and Community Economic Development Conference, Soteria CDC received the South Carolina Association of Community Development Corporations Award for outstanding leadership and service to low-income neighborhoods and communities in Greenville County.
- In January 2009, at the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce annual meeting, received the Max Heller Neighborhood Improvement Award for exemplary efforts towards neighborhood improvement and empowerment.
- 2009-2010 Graduate of the Leadership Greenville class 36
- 2010-2012 Jerry served on the PTA board for AJ Whittenberg Elementary as President Elect and 2012-2013 as President. Also served as President Elect for Southwest Council PTA of Greenville County as.
- In 2013, received an award from Institute of Prison Ministry for prison aftercare.
- In 2014, received a Chuck Colson scholarship to attend Wheaton College correctional ministries program
- 2014-2015 PTSA President of PJ Fisher Middle School
- 2015, certified at Wheaton College in correctional ministries as a re-entry specialist.
- In 2015, became the Vice President of Correctional Ministries and Chaplain Association International based out of Wheaton College through the Institute for Prison Ministries
- 2016 Fellow of Just Leadership USA
- 2016 Chair of the Greenville Reentry Coalition
- 2018 Aspen Institute Healthy Communities Fellow
- 2019 Greenville Chamber of Commerce Buck Mickel Award for Community Development
- 2016-2019 Vice President Correctional Ministries & Chaplains Association
- 2019-2021 President Correctional Ministries & Chaplains Association
Bob Vann is the Program manager of Soteria House .
Bob in his previous role was the Program Director for Fuqua Hall a ministry of the Atlanta Mission. He is the Executive Director and Co-Founder of, “A Strictly Biblical Perspective Ministries,” (ASBPM) Robert has over 20 years of full time experience in ministry serving as a certified addiction counselor, case manager, program manager/director (Prison Fellowship/Detroit Rescue Ministry) and executive director of ASBP Ministries Inc. He has MA from Wayne State University in the field of counseling with specialization in substance abuse. He is the author of the One Step With Jesus Restoration Program which consists of a Biblical Cognitive a Biblical Cognitive Approach to Understanding & Addressing Addiction & Relapse Prevention, with Mentoring and Discipleship components. He has trained over 1500 mentors throughout the United States and facilitates workshops across the nation. Bob is committed to joining the Holy Spirit in the restoration of souls through equipping the Body of Christ.
Bob and his wife, Maria of 26 years, has 8 children and live in Atlanta, Georgia.
Executive Administrative Assistant and Property Manager
Denise Patterson is the Executive Administrative Assistant and Property Manager of Soteria Community Development Corporation.
Denise, a graduate of Eastside High School, continued her education at Greenville Technical College from 2008-2013 where she received her Associate Degrees in Business Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Accounting. In November 2007, she began volunteering at Soteria CDC as an appointment setter for the Ministry of Resources Benevolence Ministry. In May 2011, she started an Internship for Soteria’s Green Start Recycling before coming onboard as staff in July 2011 as Soteria Program Manager. As the need expanded, so did Denise’s role into Administrative Assistant and Property Manager. In seeing a need of managing the housing of Soteria CDC, she went back to Greenville Tech in August 2012 and received certification in Property Management. Shortly thereafter in January 2014, she became a Notary Public for The State of South Carolina. In her spare time she loves to be “YaYa” to her 3 grandchildren.
Denise has four children and resides in Greenville, South Carolina
Soteria At Work, Project Manager
Wallace Justice is the Deconstruction Project Manager for Soteria At Work.
Wallace joined Soteria in 2017 and has given 110% to become a positive, productive member of society. This man loves good hard labor, and it shows. His deep understanding of construction combined with his maturity and motivation make Wallace one fine Project Manager. We are proud to have him.
A graduate of Vanderbilt University, Catherine brings almost 20 years of design and marketing experience to Soteria. She gets the word out about all the good things going on both at Soteria, CDC and Soteria At Work.
Proud to Partner with Furman.
Soteria CDC has teamed up with the Shucker Leadership Institute at Furman University. We are beyond excited to offer internships to these students and provide hands-on experience with non-profit re-entry work. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to take a peek at our world through their eyes.
Our Board of Directors
Interested in future opportunities with our Board?
Please complete the following application.